Have you ever asked about the origin of the machine that refreshes your summer days? The very first cooling machine was designed and developed for industrial purposes; it emerged from the mind of the American engineer Willis Haviland Carrier who had to face the changes of temperature and humidity in the printing workshop in which he worked. Faced with this need, he devised a machine that controls temperature and humidity through refrigerated pipes that originated the first air conditioning unit in history.
For human societies, the possibility of controlling their environment is something highly honeyed from its origins. Being able to modify and adapt the climate of the environment has been a human goal that, since the beginning of the 20th century, has become more and more common and simple. Having an air conditioning at home is now more than ever a necessity.
Why is air-conditioning so important for us?
The heat and cold that people feel not only depend on the ambient temperature, but also on humidity and the proper distribution of air. Then, the air conditioning is the process of air treatment that simultaneously controls its temperature, humidity, cleaning, and distribution to respond to the demands of the air-conditioned space. At an industrial level, the air conditioning was quickly welcomed by various industries, from cinemas, department stores, and offices to hospitals, hotels, and airports, but The Great Depression in the United States put an end to the air conditioning in homes. Sales of air conditioning systems for residential use did not begin until the end of World War II. From then on, the comfort of air conditioning was extended to the whole world.
One Equipment for each Purpose
After air conditioners invention, they have become a necessity for homes, industries, and almost every structure, either to mitigate the summer heat or to help cool the environment. Air conditioners can be classified according to the sector to which they are directed, following that classification there are air conditioners for domestic, industrial and commercial use.
- Domestic air conditioning: these air conditioners air up to 71 square yards; therefore, its use is concentrated in Houses, Offices, shops, etc. The voltage they use is 220 volts.
- Commercial air conditioning: these air conditioners air from 71 to 143 square yards, you can usually find them in commercial stores, large offices, etc.
- Industrial air conditioning: these air conditioners air for large spaces over 143 square yards and have no limit. They are usually used in large shopping centers, supermarkets, buildings, etc.
Types of Equipments
It is also important to classify air conditioners into two types: direct or indirect expansion; direct systems use an evaporator or condenser of the cooling system is in direct contact with the medium to be cooled or heated. While an indirect system uses an evaporator or condenser of the cooling system cools or heats a secondary fluid that is circulated to cool or heat the medium to be treated.
Moreover, air conditioners can also be classified according to its installations.
- Direct installation: the evaporator is inside the room to be climatized.
- Indirect installation: a secondary fluid is used to effect cooling in said room; this fluid is usually an antifreeze mixture such as glycol or brine.
The Selection of the Equipment depends on your Needs
You probably do not know why there are so many types of air conditioners and the reason is that each type satisfies particular needs; usually the size of the room where it is going to be installed, or the area it must refresh are crucial for the selection. We usually talk about four groups:
- Window Air Conditioner: air conditioner of domestic use and direct expansion. The capacities range from 9000 to 24000 BTU. The window units cool a room, emitting hot air from the back and blowing fresh air into it. These types of units are great for those who live in small spaces.
- Portable Air Conditioner: this type of air uses direct expansion and is intended for domestic use. The capacities range from 7000 to 12000 BTU, it is used at homes, offices, etc. Portable air conditioners are considered the next generation of window units. This type of air conditioning unit takes the air from the room and cools it, then redirects it back to the room. The unit then vents the hot air from the outside by means of an exhaust hose that is installed in a window.
- Central Air Conditioner: central air conditioner system ensures the air is cooled in a central location and distributed by one or more fans and ducts. In the central air conditioner, all the important refrigeration components are enclosed in a metal cabinet, just like in the window air conditioner. Therefore, the compressor, the cooling coil, the air treatment unit and the air filter are enclosed in a single housing. The capacities range from 17000 to 60000 BTU.
- Ductless, Mini-split Air Conditioner: mini-split are the most common air conditioners at homes. Like central air conditioning systems, these systems have an outdoor compressor/condenser and an indoor handling unit. It is undoubtedly the bestselling equipment; it is intended for domestic use and provides direct expansion of air. The capacity ranges from 9000 to 32000 BTU.
Before buying an air conditioner, remember to consult experts in the area. American Loss Consultant can provide you with useful information about experts in the area that will answer all your questions, as well as offer a top quality service. Call us anytime to help you cooling your areas.
In conclusion, all cooling systems have their own advantages and disadvantages. To choose the right one for you, you must consider the use they will be given, the resources available for their installation, the space available and the necessary permits in case a big air conditioning system is needed. Finally, you should also be aware of a common point for all air conditioners, they all need maintenance for proper operation.
Air Conditioner Care
Each component of air conditioning systems requires specific maintenance tasks, depending on their scope so the unit operates effectively and efficiently throughout its years of service. The negligence in the necessary maintenance guarantees a constant decrease in the performance of the air conditioning, while the use of energy constantly increases.
Regardless of whether the air conditioning system is for domestic or industrial use, and beyond its type, all have components that require to be checked, filters, coils, and fins.
Professionals know best: Procedures for a correct maintenance
Whether for a regular, preventive or corrective maintenance, it is recommended to hire a professional technical service with a highly trained staff from American Loss Consultant that will find and solve problems in your air conditioning system.
The technical service will:
- Check the correct amount of refrigerant.
- Check refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- Check and seal possible leaks in ducts.
- Check to measure the air flow through the evaporator coil.
- Check oil motors and control belts for tightness and wear.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
- And will make any other necessary revision to ensure the proper functioning of the air conditioning unit.
At Installing or Maintenance, prefer professional services
If you search for cooling installation services online, you will find a wide range of websites that offer to help you with home services. Always prefer confident companies. The main difference with other companies and what makes us stand out among the crowd is that we, at American Loss Consultant, conduct a strict screening process to select our partners. We only work with certified experience people that can handle your issues at cooling or heating.
American Loss Consultant is easy to contact. We are perfectly identifiable and easy to locate with several communication channels. We promise fluid communication through the project. If you have any question or complaint, we will give you an immediate solution.
In American Loss Consultant, you do not pay for a budget, contact us and you will get a free inspection and estimate.
Contact American Loss Consultant today.