Plumbing is the activity of installing, maintaining, and repairing pipe networks to supply drinking water to homes as well as waste removal. It also includes the installation of heating and cooling systems in houses and buildings.
Plumbing is a service that has great importance in the daily life of human beings in the modern world. Plumbing is very important as it present the solution to one of the most basic human needs, the disposal of harmful wastes. The evacuation of sewage water is carried through pipes that transfer urine and fecal matter from the bathrooms and food waste coming from the kitchen to sewage pipes. It also fulfills the function of supplying the inhabitants of the building with water suitable for human consumption, avoiding any contamination that might be a health risk.
Emergency plumbing occurs when a plumbing situation presents an immediate risk to health, life, property, or environment. Most emergencies require urgent intervention to prevent a worsening of the situations. When a plumbing emergency arises, do not hesitate and call American Loss Consultant as quick as possible.
The most common types of emergency plumbing services required are:
- Installation of water pipes
- Waste pipe systems that remove wastewaters from homes and buildings.
- Repairs to the garbage disposal in kitchen sinks that dispose of kitchen waste.
- Pipes for septic tanks, which are the primary system for domestic sewage removal used in rural areas and isolated homes.
- Drainage systems that remove accumulated water.
- Pipes installed to carry water from one place of the building to another.
- Leaks and operation of water heaters.
If dealing with a plumbing emergency, call American Loss Consultant for an effective solution. We will quickly respond your call and send a team of highly trained personnel your way.
When is an emergency plumber needed?
An emergency plumber service is needed if you spot:
- Cold water in hot water taps: it is a sign that the water heater is malfunctioning and in need of an urgent repair.
- Pipes with leaks or strange sounds: when there are leaks and strange sounds coming from the pipes or bubbles rising from drains or toilets.
- Disgusting smells: foul odors around the plumbing system inside or outside the home or building are a sign of a problem in a drain or sewer.
- Flooding: another sign that there is a plumbing emergency is the wetness of the ground or floor, which gives signs of a possible drainage problem.
Carry the phone number of American Loss Consultant in your wallet for quick access to professional plumbing services any time needed.
What to do in a plumbing emergency?
A plumbing emergency might arise at any time, without notice. You have to take control of the situation staying calm. Concern doesn’t solve anything, and it doesn’t help at all to solve the problem happening at that moment. There are some tips you can take to mitigate the immediate problem while you pick up the phone and call for the services of a American Loss Consultant.
Everything you need to know about minimizing plumbing damage at any given time is explained with a few simple tips you can take into account in a plumbing emergency.
- The first action you should take during a plumbing emergency is to shut off the water supply. The main faucet valve of the house or building must be located. If the problem is in a single part of the house try to locate the valve of that area in specific.
- If the problem comes from a leak and it is a small one, look for adhesive tape for plumbing and wrap it around the affected area to avoid water spillage. In case there is no professional tape close to solve these cases, wrap it with towels or any cloth thick enough to control the water leak. Place a container beneath the leak to prevent water from spilling around the place. This can fix leaks for enough time to seek the professional services of a plumber.
- Another problem that may arise is a clogged drainage. Drain the water pipes after closing the water valve. Then try to unclog the drain. Be sure not to damage the pipes or drainage in the process. Do not use aggressive chemicals that might corrode the pipes.
- Water leaks are not the only problems that can occur around the house. Water heaters can cause problems that are difficult to solve, especially when it does not dispense hot water, or the water is too hot, among other possible problems. In these cases, it is advised to not try to solve the problems yourself. It is better to call a professional plumber to tackle the issue.
- Leak in the water heater can be dangerous and harmful, and lead to floods inside home. The first thing you should do is turn off the power supply immediately, because the possibility of an electrical problem is quite high. Turn off the water supply until you seek the services of a professional plumber.
- Another very common problem that occurs daily, are clogged drains, which might happen in any moment without previous notice. Whole areas of the house can get flooded, causing damages to the furniture. If it is totally obstructed, do not use any type of canary opener, as it can cause more damage than there is. Try to call a plumber immediately.
- If the toilet is clogged, use a plunger or chemical products to see if this solves the problem. In case the action taken did not achieve the expected result the best would be to call a plumber.
Mistakes that provoke emergency plumbing
Often, small plumbing errors can happen while doing by yourself some repairing. These mistakes might eventually lead to damages at homes. That’s why you should be very cautious when solving a problem or doing a plumbing installation in homes or buildings by yourself.
Here are some common mistakes that people make when not hiring a professional to manage their plumbing problems:
Rushing to perform repairing on a plumbing problem without shutting off the water supplies first. Because of the pressure of a sudden plumbing problem, many rushes to do the repairing to keep doing their household chores.
Make bad plumbing connections. Leaving the pipes skewed. If the person doing the repairing does not have the necessary skills or tools to do a good installation, it is recommended not do it.
Leave hoses connected in winter. Leaving hoses outdoors during winter can cause them to crack for the freeze-thaw process.
Connecting pipes that do not match. When installing pipes that do not correspond to others a possibility exist that they collapse causing a major leak.
Excessive use of drain cleaner. These chemicals can cause significant corrosion to drainage pipes if used too frequently.
To avoid this kind of problems, hire professional plumbers. Trust American Loss Consultant to manage your plumbing requirements.
Do not let amateurs take care of your emergency plumbing in your house, building, office or property. Contact professional experts able to handle your requirements and identify your needs.
We promise to:
- Keep quality to a maximum.
- Keep you, our esteemed customer, completely informed.
- Strive to be always quick , efficient and helpful
- Only use the best material in order to provide the best service.
- Always Meet your requirements until you are totally satisfied.
American Loss Consultant has something valuable for you.