American Loss Consultant is entirely able to diligently deal with your repair requirements. Our varied range of services include any kind of assistance and repair your pipes may require. If you find yourself looking for a company able to meet the highest standards when it comes to water leak repair, you should call American Loss Consultant.
A water leak is the leakage or loss of water that might happen inside a house or apartment building, or in any other kind of construction with access to water, like a swimming pool.
A Water Leak might cause a huge money loss if it is not found in time. That is why it is so important to find them when one suspects from their existence. Leaks are frequent and sometimes they might be the cause for other problems that affect your finances. A leak might also seriously affect the foundations, walls, and surrounding terrain as well as other buildings in a property.
If there is a bulge or mold in the walls, moisture around the pipes, the toilet constantly flushes water, or an unjustified increase in the water bill, the most likely cause is that there is a Water Leak within the home or the terrain around it.
Causes of water leaks
There are many causes for water leaks to happen, however, the most common causes are:
- Old or obsolete pipes: which might easily suffer cracks or fissures.
- Strong water pressure: caused by malfunctioning water pumps or by intense rains.
- Low quality materials: used because high-quality materials tend to be more expensive. However, in the long run using high quality materials will end up saving more money as they will require less repairs.
- Bad connection in the pipes: Made by irresponsible people with no working ethics or who are not experienced with pipework inside houses.
Moreover, most water leaks are related to:
- Leaks in the toilet: a toilet in poor conditions might waste up to five thousand liters of clean water per month.
- Water valves: faucets, bathroom shower, stopcock, etc.
- Filters, purifiers or other water treatment systems.
- Air Conditioning Systems.
- Irrigation system for the green areas in the house.
- Swimming pool filters.
- Main water intake (meter).
In order to spot a water leak, you should pay attention to your water bill. Excessive increase in the monthly water bill may be a signal of water leaks. Furthermore, constant water dripping from closed taps or faucets and low water pressure might indicate a water leak as well. Wet or moldy walls and excess of water in gardens, causing a constantly wet ground or puddles should also be addressed as soon as possible.
To inspect your property and perform a professional evaluation, you should hire a learned company. There is no better option for inspecting your property than American Loss Consultant.
Call American Loss Consultant for a first meeting and appraisal.
How to find a water leak?
To spot a water leak, a learned team led by American Loss Consultant will:
- Check that the pressure relief valves and shut-off valves of the heaters do not leak, also check that no noise is coming from it. Place a piece of paper or some gauze on closed taps and check if they get wet, if they do, this is the cause of the problem.
- Look at the inside part of the toilet, inspect if there is any leakage or if any sound is heard.
- Check inside the Toilet Tank, put some kind of dark artificial coloring or drink that is not harmful or corrosive in the water, and observe if part of the colored water leaks into the cup.
- Close the stopcock and check all the taps, from the bathrooms to the kitchen, beginning where the water meter is located to the inside of the house. Then check if the water meter keeps moving, and if it does, look for moisture in the walls or if in the garden some areas seem darker than others.
- Check other possible leaks outside the house, like in the garden, the sprinkler system, or the swimming pool.
- If nothing was found but there is still the suspicion of a leak, ask for the help professionals in the area, as there might be a hidden or silent leak somewhere.
Steps to repair a water leak
Depending on the type of pipe where the water leak is present, different steps are required to fix it.
In the case that the pipe is made of copper, these are the steps to follow:
The personnel sent by American Loss Consultant will take the clamp of appropriate size according to the type of pipe and its rubber sheet. Then, they will clean very well the crack in the pipe, place the rubber sheet covering the opening of the pipe, place both sides of the clam in opposite sides where the broken part is, then tighten the two metal pieces of the clamps with the hex key.
In case the pipe is made of PVC, these are the steps to follow:
The personnel sent by American Loss Consultant will clean all the area where the leak is with the sandpaper and also all surfaces in close proximity. Once the breakage has been sanded, the repairman will remove any dirt or small plastic fragments that may adhere to it. Later, the repairmen will apply anti-leak material to seal the filtration as required.
Recommendations to avoid water leaks
In order to avoid water leaks, it is strongly recommended to:
- Clean house drains frequently. Pour boiling water to remove grease that accumulates in the pipe.
- Do not throw oil or any other chemical product down the drains.
- Put filters in the pipes to avoid that pieces of soap, hair or another solid element obstruct it.
- Finally, when it comes to small leaks, they tend to be easy to detect and fix, but when leaks are big for the safety of all those who live in the home it is best to seek the help of a specialist in the field.
At American Loss Consultant, we have an incredible and experienced staff ready to answer any questions that may come up. Once you take the decision to hire American Loss Consultant, we will get you scheduled with our professional technicians as soon as possible. Our proficient team will work diligently to get your door hardware installation work completed as fast and safely as possible.
As you might notice, the secret to get a good repair is to perfectly follow the instructions of the expert. This is why you should take special care to verify that you really have the best repair personnel by your side. To keep your property safe, contact American Loss Consultant. American Loss Consultant is a learned and efficient firm willing to help you build the home of your dreams.
We promise to:
- Keep expenses to a minimum.
- Keep you, our esteemed customer, always informed.
- Aim to be always quick , efficient and helpful
- Only use the best material in order to provide the best service.
- Always meet your requirements until you are 100% satisfied.
Do not let an amateur handle your pipes, get a professional company to solve your water leaks necessities.
Contact American Loss Consultant today.