Contacting American Loss Consultant ensures the correct functioning of every component of your home. Depending of the component of your home, construction, maintenance or repairing work may be needed. One of the elements which require your full attention for maintenance and repair are roofs.
The roof is the element or sector that is located at the top of a building to cover it. In a broad and simplistic sense, it can be said that a house has four walls and a roof: the walls are the lateral structures, while the roof is the structure that is placed above, in a horizontal sense. Thus, those who are inside the dwelling are protected from the sun and rain.
Roofs are structures that provide protection from the environment and external elements to people inside the structure. The roof is an essential part of your building. You must take into account when building or remodeling your home. The roof is installed to protect not only your property but your goods from rain, snow, sleet, hail, and high winds, for this reason, it is important to take the necessary time to plan the type of roof you need and the best option for the structure.
Types of roofs
Contact American Loss Consultant to receive in time information about roofing and its elements. If you happen to be looking for a roof, you must consider the type of roofing required for the house to be built or remodeled. Then, you choose the material that best suits your needs. Currently, there are several types of roofs; they are all designed for a specific type of house or building.
The most common types of roofs are:
Flat roofs are one of the most used types of roofs. They are more adaptable to the design of the houses due to their straight lines and neutral colors. Flat roofs are ideal to combine with wooden beams or glass that provides pleasant light.
The flat roof is completely horizontal, composed of one or more lower slope skirts. It allows the transit of people by its surface, such as placement of machinery. The difference between a roof or flat roof with a sloping roof is that the inclined roof tries to evacuate the water and the flat roof collects it to lead it towards the consumers.
Grounded roofs are made with earth or mud, built in ancient times by primitive civilizations; ground roofs were popular due to its geographical distribution.
Types of roofs according to its ventilation
- Cold ventilation: in this type of roof, there is an air chamber between the structure and the outer cladding.
- Warm ventilation: in this type of roof, the coating and the insulation rest directly on the structure.
Types of roofs according to its insulation placement:
- Traditional: the waterproofing is placed on top of the insulation.
- Inverted: the insulation is placed on top of the waterproofing. To execute this type of roof, an insulation is required that does not deteriorate with the passage of water. This type of roofing is achieved thanks to the updating of construction materials, especially to a particular element such as insulation.
Types of roofs according to its finish:
- Walkable: the upper covering allows the transit of people. It is generally surrounded by a parapet.
- Not walkable: the coating is not designed for the usual traffic.
- Landscaped: the roof supports a substrate layer with vegetation as a garden. This type of cover fulfills the function of isolation since plants are very good regulators of temperature.
- Flooded: the cover is permanently flooded with several centimeters of water. In this case, the insulating element is water. This option is recommended for places where the temperature difference between day and night is very high.
Types of roofing according to its form:
There are several forms of covers, some of them are:
- Roofs with one water slide: they are characterized for having only one side higher than the other. The roof will always have a constant slope to allow water accumulations.
- Roofs with two water slides: they are characterized for having two slides or two slopes for liquids, where the highest level is located in the middle of the roof. From that point, the liquid goes down using one of the two sides, the weight will be better distributed this way.
- Roofs with four water slides: they are characterized for having four slides, where the descent of the water will be better distributed from the highest level.
- Roof with slope: they are characterized for having four or more slides, where the descent of the water will be better distributed from the highest level.
- Pavilion roof: it is characterized by covering a polygonal space.
- French roof: it is characterized for being a type of roof where the slopes break and accentuate the slope in the lower part where windows open. This form of cover is made to facilitate the use of the last floor of the building or house.
Parts of a roof
Commonly, roofs have the following parts:
- Ridge: it is formed by the intersection of two slopes or a slope and a wall.
- Valley: it is formed by a concave angle when the two slopes of the intersection line meet.
- Ridge beam: it forms a convex angle when the two slopes of the intersection line are joined together.
- Eaves: it is an end that rises from the slope of the roof to prevent water from trickling down the facade.
- Gable: it is the formation of a triangle made by two slopes of a roof in a wall. This formation can be stepped or straight.
- Dormer window: it is a window located in the slope of a roof in order to illuminate the interior.
Do not let amateurs take care of your projects in your house, building, office or property. Contact professional experts able to handle your requirements and identify your needs. We will present a range of options and help you decide what solution may be the best to fit for your situation.
If you need maintenance or repair work for your old roof, or if you want to install a brand new roof, American Loss Consultant is your best choice.
At American Loss Consultant we want to give you, the client, the peace of mind you need. From the very introductory meeting, our team of highly exercised technicians will take the time to assess your project and kindly explain what kind of action is needed to solve your issue. Step by step, we will notify you about how the process works and keep you updated about the development.
Our company holds the required equipment intended to reach and deal with any type of difficulty that your roofing may present, not only solving your issue but preventing it in the future from occurring again. Trust American Loss Consultant to give periodic maintenance to all your facilities.
American Loss Consultant is also your partner to comply with the strictest safety regulations. With years of expertise, American Loss Consultant is the main service firm in your area, we have hundreds of satisfied clients. Our effectiveness, speed, and clean work guarantee your total satisfaction.
American Loss Consultant has something valuable for you.
Contact American Loss Consultant today.