- 1 Residential Tile Roof
- 2 Influence of Tile Roof in history
- 3 Benefits of Tile RoofingIf you have a project to build a house, you need to study all the options available in the market for the construction of your roof. Here we present the benefits of choosing a Tile Roof for your house.
- 4 Cost of Tile Roof
Residential Tile Roof
One of the most traditional types of roof for construction is tile roof; its use has multiple advantages, as it helps to funnel rainwater more efficiently as well as preventing the accumulation of snow on the roof.
If you plan to remodel the roof of your home or have plans to build a new house, one of the best options for your roof is the Tile Roo: You will have a roof with a classic appearance and long durability that will provide all the requirements that your house will need. At American Loss Consultant we can advise you to find the perfect firm that can commit the professional job of settling a Tile Roof in your home. Tiles are really charming and if they are properly set, they will provide your home of a wonderful look. Let’s talk a little more about tiles.
Influence of Tile Roof in history
Almost all the civilizations of the ancient age have used fired roof tiles for house construction; some examples of the use of this material can be seen in archaeological findings throughout Asia and Europe. In China it has been proven that the beginning of the use of tiles dates from the Zhou Dynasty (c.1046-256 BC), and in Greece it can be observed that the tiles were part of the construction of the temple of Apollo and Poseidon (c.700-650 BC).
In the Chinese architecture tiles provided the buildings with functional characteristics such as the improvement of rainwater drainage and reduction of snow loads on the roof, as well as providing an aesthetic component that allowed the construction of buildings that denoted the hierarchy of people who lived in it.
Another style currently used for the construction of roofs is the Spanish style, using mosaic tiles, such as those used hundreds of years ago for the construction of cathedrals and palaces in the Iberian Peninsula. This style of construction is currently used by many builders in Florida because it gives a classic look to the houses and a vivid color to the roof that stands out among all the other houses with dark flat asphalt shingles.
Benefits of Tile RoofingIf you have a project to build a house, you need to study all the options available in the market for the construction of your roof. Here we present the benefits of choosing a Tile Roof for your house.
- Durability: A Tile Roof could be one of the most long-lasting materials on the market, once you install a Tile Roof you probably do not have to change your roof again, a Tile Roof can last over 100 years.
- Energy efficient: The materials used to make the tiles, helps to regulate indoors temperature. During the summer you will not need to have the air conditioners turned on with very low temperatures and this will have as a consequence that the payments of your electricity bill will be reduced.
- Low maintenance: Choosing a Tile Roof could be one of the best choices for your house. Unlike wood, Tile Roof will never decay or have insect damage.
- Variety of options: There are several options in the market for your Tile Roof; you can choose concrete or clay tiles. There are countless colors and shapes of tiles that you can select to build a roof that suits the design and style of your home.
- Endurance: The tile roof has the property of a high resistance to environmental conditions, the combination of the materials and the way in which they are manufactured, makes it able to support strong winds and large amounts of rain without the material being worn out. The only way for the tiles to break is due to a heavy impact.
Cost of Tile Roof
The cost of installing a Tile Roof is higher than the cost of installation of a Metal Roof or an Asphalt Roof. However, the combination of durability and aesthetic makes worthy the investment. There is a wide range of styles, finishes and materials that can significantly affect the price of the construction of a Tile Roof, variables such as the complexity of the design, skylights, gables, different levels and the pitch of the roof makes the price of the construction increases due to the risk of building this type of roof. If your house has a particular design, do not hesitate to call American Loss Consultant and we will put you in touch with the most qualified builders in the area, they can calculate the cost of building your Tile Roof.
The first thing you need to know before starting the installation project of a Tile Roof is the weight of the materials; perhaps you will need to reinforce the foundations of the house and consolidate its structure before mounting the roof which will add an additional cost that can get up to 10,000 dollars.
If you want to make the roof of your house with clay tiles, the initial installation cost is between 5 and 15 dollars per square foot, if the roof of your house has an area of 2000 square feet, the total cost of installation of a Clay Tile Roof is between 10000 and 60000 dollars. But if you use concrete tiles instead of clay tiles, the initial installation cost is between 5 to 10 dollars per square foot, so if the roof of your house has an area of 2000 square feet, the total cost of installation of a Concrete Tile Roof is between 10000 and 20000 dollars, if you budget is short, maybe the concrete tiles are the ideal choice for your house.
Maybe initially it seems an exorbitant amount of money to change the roof of your house, but remember that the durability of a Tile Roof can exceed 50 years, making this option a lifetime investment that will bring great value to your property.
If you have already decided on this option, contact American Loss Consultant: we have a directory with the best contractors in this area; the contractors will be able to carry out your project from the design, the reinforcement of the bases of your house to the installation of your roof. Do not take unnecessary risks by hiring a random company. We guarantee the service you will receive from our contractors will be of the highest quality and all the safety regulations imposed by law will be followed during the construction of your roof. Contact American Loss Consultant for a free advice.
Contact American Loss Consultant.